North Georgia Watersports Blog
Welcome to the North Georgia Watersports Blog! We are a dealership located in Blairsville, Georgia that specializes in all things watersports. From boats and jet skis to canoes and kayaks, we have everything you need to get out on the water and have some fun this season. We also carry ATVs, golf carts, dirt bikes, and more.
Whether you’re an experienced water enthusiast or just getting started, we’re here to help you find the perfect gear and accessories for your needs. Keep checking back for the latest news and information on our products and events, as well as tips and tricks for making the most of your time on the water. Thanks for visiting and we hope to see you soon!
- 26′ AVALON FUNSHIP TRITOON26′ AVALON FUNSHIP TRITOON Up To 14 People Rates: Half Day (4 hours) – $549.00Full Day (8 hours) – $749.00*Fuel Included*Priced Before Tax Book Now
- Must-Have Fishing Boat FeaturesIf you’re an experienced angler, it’s likely that you already own a great fishing boat that serves you well whenever you’re out on the water. But that doesn’t mean you can’t upgrade it with a few extra features to make it even more comfortable and useful for your next fishing excursion. If you’re interested in adding to the utility of your fishing boat, read this guide by the good people of North Georgia Watersports.
- Mercury Marine OutboardsAs one of the largest builders of marine propulsion systems in the world, Mercury Marine Outboards has become one of the most trusted and most popular names in the industry. You can’t hit any major body of water without spotting one of these motors nearby. And if you choose to invest in one, you can float on and cut through the water knowing you’ve got one of the most durable and high performing machines available to today’s boaters. So when should you get your Mercury Marine outboard? Today of course! Stop by North Georgia Watersports near Atlanta, Gainesville, and Hiawassee, Georgia and we’ll help you with all your boating related needs.
- Used Boat Buying GuideBuying a boat is a huge expenditure, there’s no question about that. Not everyone has the ready cash for a brand-new boat fresh off the lot, but that’s fine, because there are thousands of amazing used boats out on the market for hundreds and thousands of dollars less than their new counterparts. If you’re new to boating and you’re on a tight budget, buying used is a smart way to get a feel for the mariner lifestyle without spending too much on a boat you may not enjoy
- Tips for Safe ATV and UTV RidingMany ATV and UTV trailers are starting to open up for the summer, meaning you’ll have lots of options in the coming months and new places to explore that you couldn’t over the winter. So as more and more people hit the trails, you’ll want to make sure you’re following all the best safety protocols. That’s why North Georgia Watersports has provided you with a safety guide to help you get started. If you feel like you’ll need additional tips, stop by our location in Blairsville, Georgia, near Atlanta, Gainesville, and Blue Ridge.
- Boat Renting TipsTaking your family out on the water for a day’s cruising in a boat is a great way to spend a weekend. Not everyone has the capacity to own and keep a boat at home, though. So when you want to have a marine adventure, renting a boat is a great choice. You’ll have your pick of different styles of boats, you won’t have to tow anything to the lake and you don’t have to maintain the boat yourself. What could be simpler? At North Georgia Watersports, located in Blairsville, Georgia, we know all the ins and outs of boat rental and have drawn up this guide to help you know what to expect.
- Lake NottelyAlso called Nottely Reservoir, Lake Nottely is located in Union County, Georgia. It was formed in 1942 by damming the Nottely River. It extends 20 miles upstream to the town of Blairsville. Though built for flood control in the Tennessee River watershed, it also produces power and has subsequently made room for plenty of leisure activities in and around the area. With about 70% of its shoreline under the control of the United States Forest Service and undeveloped, there’s a lot of natural area to explore. In recent years, many new homes and properties have been developed, adding to the growing importance of Lake Nottely for recreation.
- Finding the Right Fishing BoatBoat fishing is the next logical step for anyone tired of casting from the river bank or lake shore. You’ll be able to find the perfect spot to catch your fill in less time with the power of human ingenuity! But you should be careful. The wrong boat can run your fishing plans aground. Don’t limit your fishing options with inadequate research. Figure out what type of fishing you want to do, where you plan on doing it, and how many people will be coming with you.
- Winterizing your Pontoon BoatNow that temperatures are dropping, many water enthusiasts must begrudgingly stow their pontoons. While there are certainly many people who stay on the water all winter long, the fluctuating temperatures can wreak havoc on your pontoon and some crafts aren’t built for inclement weather. Plus, it can make for a miserable day. But if you do intend to put away your boat for the winter season, don’t just drop it anywhere and walk away. You’ll want to make sure you’re taking the right steps to protect your boat this winter and have it ready to go when the temperatures start to warm up again.
- Pontoon Boat SafetyPontoon boats provide more fun per square foot than just about any boat you’ll find. They’re a great place to throw a party with friends, they’re an ideal platform for many types of fishing, and with some modern models, you can even water ski, wakeboard, or inner tube behind them.
- Accessories for your Pontoon BoatLooking to spruce up your pontoon boat but don’t know how? Passed on accessories you wish you had now? There are plenty of reasons to upgrade your pontoon with fun and usable features and there are plenty of ways to do it. Here at North Georgia Watersports, we’ve provided a list of some of our favorite accessories that are relatively affordable and easy to install. Your pontoon will create awesome memories for you and your passengers, so why not make the most of it? If you need supplies, accessories, or help with installation, stop by our location in Blairsville, Georgia.
- Pontoon Boat WatersportsWhen most people think of pontoon boats, they probably think about floating parties and relaxing with friends. Maybe even some music and a cooler of cold drinks are involved. But the new generation of pontoon boats are capable of so much more! The best watersports are now possible behind many modern pontoon boats, meaning you and your family can enjoy your pontoon boat for both relaxation and adrenaline. Below, we’ve gathered some of our favorite watersports that are now possible with pontoon boats. They’re listed roughly by skill level from easiest to most challenging.
- The Basics of Boating SafetyA day spent boating is anything but wasted. With so many activities like fishing and leisurely cruising mixed with the nice weather and feel of fresh water, there are few better ways you could spend an afternoon. Maybe that’s why so many of us seem to spend more time on the water during the warmer months than we spend on land. But no matter how much you take your boat out, staying safe while riding is the most important factor while on the water. So this guide from North Georgia Watersports lays out some of the essential concepts of boating safety. From preparation to riding techniques, we’ll give you plenty of tips to better ensure you’re safe out there.